Caring for your socks properly can help extend their lifespan and maintain their comfort wash after wash. Here are some tips on how to care for your socks:
- Sort your socks by colour and material before washing.
- Use a mild detergent to prevent damage to the fabric.
- Turn your socks inside out before washing to prevent excessive friction and preserve the outside appearance.
- Wash your socks in cold water to prevent shrinkage and colour fading.
- Avoid using bleach, as it can weaken the fibres and affect the colours.
- Air dry your socks whenever possible. Hanging them up or laying them flat will help maintain their shape.
- If you use a dryer, use a low or delicate heat setting to prevent excessive shrinkage.
- Avoid over-drying, as it can lead to stiffness and reduce the elasticity of the fabric.
- Fold your socks neatly before storing them to help maintain their shape and prevent stretching.
- Consider using sock organizers or dividers to keep your socks separated and organized.
- Store socks in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent colour fading and moisture build up.
4. Avoid Excessive Wear
- Rotate your socks to distribute the wear and tear evenly among your collection.
- Trim your toenails regularly to prevent snagging and excessive friction.
- Excessive wear is particularly damaging to the more natural fibres such as cashmere and silk.
5. Choosing the Right Socks
- Select socks that are appropriate for the activity you'll be engaging in. Different socks are designed for different purposes, such as athletic socks for sports or thicker socks for colder weather.
6. Quality Matters
- Invest in good-quality socks made from durable materials. Well-made socks are less likely to wear out quickly. Our socks are expertly crafted and toe seams are finished by hand to ensure strength and quality during wear.
A good point to remember that each type of sock material has its own washing care instructions that can be found on our unique foot stamps on each pair.
But essentially by following these care tips, you can help ensure that your socks remain comfortable, functional, and in good condition for as long as possible.